Sprawl Gripflex Shorts
Per Manufacture-
The new SPRAWL® GripFlex™ is our 5th generation fight short that gives fighters and grapplers the added dimension of grip to help secure finishing holds and counter the slippery effects of sweat. We use a flexible lightweight, non-abrasive high tech polymer fused to the inseam of the fight shorts to create ‘Grip-Zones’. We have also upgraded the fabric on the rest of the short to a lightweight 4 way stretch compared to the 2 way stretch in our previous generation short, the V-Flex™. The SPRAWL® GripFlex™ provides fighters with a wide range of advantages over traditional fight shorts including comfort, flexibility for maximum kicking range and guard-work and grip to increase your probability of securing finishing holds. That is why it is undeniably the most functional fight short available and the top choice among MMA athletes, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu specialists and UFC® fighters.
First Thoughts- These shorts are very well made. The grip panels on the stretch panel look strange but if they work then great. They came nicely packaged and the colors or in my case the lack of look great.

Fit and Finish- These shorts fit very well. I love the fact that they have an elastic waistband as it gives a little room for both weight loss and gain. Also I don't have to undo the Velcro every time I can just pull them up. The fabric is very nice and I like that they have moved to a 4way stretch. The shorts go down to just about mid knee and have an inner storage pocket just like most shorts. These shorts have 2 rubber like grip panels in the inner stretch panel that skin does stick to so lets see if they work like they are suppose to. All logos on these shorts are embroidered, shorts are very well put together.

Stand up- These shorts worked very well for stand up. Had no kind of restriction for throwing knees or high kicks. They also stayed very tight to my waist and didn't rid up at all. They felt very light and didn't soak up moisture and get heavy. Sometimes the grip panels would rub together and make a terrible sound or get slightly stuck together which was annoying.

Ground- This is where I didn't really like these shorts. The waist is still great and doesn't ride up but the legs ride way up and I think it is due to the split seam. Sometimes while people where in my guard the shorts would become a little uncomfortable due to how much they ride up. Also the grip panels do nothing. I found no use for them at all. I could notice that the grip panels were there when I had people in my guard as well.

Pros-
Tons of adjustability
Very good fit
All logos embroidered
Good range of movement
Closure system
Cons-
Gripflex panels do nothing and are a little annoying
Colors bleed a little
Overall- I normally am a big fan of sprawl shorts but these shorts fell short of my expectations. While some of the new colors for these are welcome, if you are going to get a pair if sprawls I suggest to skip over these. Either get the vflex model or there new model the Fusion-S which I have yet to try myself.





comments
0 Responses to "Sprawl Gripflex Shorts"Post a Comment