Nogi Kingpin
Per Manufacture
Made from dynamic 2-way stretch material built to last, the Kingpin boasts a secure hook-and-loop enclosure with attached drawstring that ensures a perfect fit. Side slits on the legs for maximum mobility, a mouthpiece pocket big enough to also hold onto your valuables when not training, and embroidered logos; the Kingpin truly is the modern czar of grappling shorts!
First Thoughts- I pulled these shorts out of the box and all I can say is wow. I have had nogi's in the past and these are the best ones so far. They came sealed in a plastic bag. The colors and detail are great. These shorts definitely top notch.

Fit and Finish- I got a 30 in these shorts and they fit perfect. They have a standard closure system with a drawstring and fitted waist. Unlike nogi's in the past the Velcro on these is very strong. I didn't notice any loose threads and all the stitching was excellent. The one thing that did worry me was a lack of a stretch panel. They do however have split seams but they are shorter then most. The material is a 2 way stretch so it does have some give. One thing I really like about these is they have an external pocket and it is on the butt of the shorts. The shorts are also longer then most they fall about mid to below knee level which makes them a little more practical if you wanted to wear them to a normal gym to lift weights.

Stand up- My worry of these not having a stretch panel was slightly validated. I found some problems performing certain types of techniques. They just did not seem to stretch like they were suppose to. They are a little heavier feeling then some other shorts but that didn't present any kind of problem I could just feel they were there. They stay snug around my waist but there was a little bit of shifting.

Ground- These worked well on the ground however they did ride up on my legs. They once again stayed snug around my waist and shifted very little. I had no problem with people in my guard or with any other techniques and are actually very comfy when on the ground. The split seams provided me with plenty of range of motion but I still feel that a stretch panel would benefit them.
Smaller split seam
Excellent Quality
Very Comfy
True to size
Cons-
A little long
No stretch panel
Shifted around waist
Lacking new features

Overall- These are good shorts. Nogi is a great company to work with and they have a short that is high quality but with lack of some features does not quite reach the levels of some other shorts on the market. I recommend these shorts if you are looking for a high quality short that not everyone at you gym is going to have. You can pick these up for around $50.
Oh special note these are a limited edition so once there gone they are gone so pick them up at http://www.nogi.com/
**Disclaimer** I received these at no cost for the purpose of review







comments
0 Responses to "Nogi Kingpin"Post a Comment